Monday 8 April 2013

NaPoWriMo Day8

Somedays
I know exactly what I want
And what I want is simple
And distant. And it hurts.

Somedays
All I really want is a small house by the sea
Where I picture him and picture me.

I turn the music on
but he hates my favourite song
he throws rocks at my direction
and my hair is full of sand instead of flowers
But I will cook the petals, make dessert
Because he likes it better
And I will play the songs I wrote
Because he likes it most.

Someday
I hope poetic speech will make up for the cheesiness I've locked inside me
I hope he'll like it more than most,
because he holds the key.

So why am I not stuck with him
At the small house by the sea
Fishing seaweed. Weed is good
But he hates sushi.

So he'll dive into the sea
And I'll feed on things he hates
Braid my sandy hair with tears
Practice clumpsy guitar moves
And when he's back it will be dark
Our favourite time of day
And the rain will keep us moist
And we'll bloom

So why am I not stuck with him?

No comments:

Post a Comment